SD-WAN is one of the biggest networking success stories of the past decade. The rapid transition to remote work, combined with continuing digital transformation, accelerated SD-WAN adoption in 2020. According to a report by IDG Research Services and Masergy, over 90% of organizations are expected to eventually adopt an SD-WAN solution. And the rate of adoption is setting an impressive pace. The Dell’Oro Group, for example, expects worldwide sales of SD-WAN technologies to grow at a compounded annual growth rate of 24% over the next five years.
Gartner Recognizes Fortinet for WAN Edge Infrastructure and Network Firewalls
The SD-WAN market itself has become crowded and confusing, making it difficult for organizations to make informed decisions about the best solution to choose. Gartner has been a long-time measure of the quality of networking and security solutions and the fact is, Fortinet is the ONLY vendor to be named a Leader in both the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Network Firewalls and for WAN Edge Infrastructure for the same product – the FortiGate Next-generation Firewall. Any company would be proud to be named a Leader in either of these industry-recognized reports. But being named a Leader in both—for the same FortiGate platform with the same management console—is not just something to celebrate (which we do!), it also has significant implications for any organization looking to deploy advanced connectivity and world-class security in a single, simple to deploy and manage solution.
If this accolade in itself doesn’t impress, here are some additional reasons to take a look at Fortinet Secure SD-WAN, with real facts and figures from our customers:
70% SD-WAN ROI in 3 years, 100% SD-WAN ROI in 5 years
One of the advantages of Fortinet’s fully integrated SD-WAN solution is the rate at which companies can realize a full return on their investment (ROI). Fortinet customers average 70% ROI in three years, and most, including customer HR Path with projected infrastructure cost savings of at least US$13,000 per site per year, realize full return on investment in just five years. In fact, customers around the world are realizing significant ROI, including Rollins Inc, which expects a $5 million return on investment (ROI) over the next five years, Waste Management, Inc., which reduced their overall WAN costs by 65%, and The Paper Store, which realized a total cost savings of $1 million.
There are a number of reasons why Fortinet Secure SD-WAN is so cost-effective. It starts with the sort of table stakes advantages any SD-WAN solution provides, such as the savings that come from transitioning from static—and often expensive—MPLS connections to more flexible and affordable broadband.
But Fortinet goes well beyond that. Fortinet Secure SD-WAN consolidates SD-WAN, Routing, a Wireless Controller, and built-in LTE connectivity…all on the most tested and recognized next-generation firewall on the market…and built around a common operating system and centralized management and orchestration system. No one else can do that.
As a result, organizations that choose Fortinet Secure SD-WAN enjoy CAPEX savings related to WAN Edge consolidation and no bandwidth-based pricing limitations, and OPEX savings related to automation capabilities that reduce man hours and improve productivity, not to mention Fortinet Secure SD-WAN has the lowest TCO per Mbps of performance of any vendor at $3.50, a figure that is independently verified by NSS Labs.
Of course, cost is only part of the solution. Today’s organizations run on applications. And application access and user experience are all about performance. Fortinet’s Secure SD-WAN solution is designed to ensure the fastest possible access to critical cloud-based applications, without ever sacrificing a moment of performance for security—something no other SD-WAN vendor can ensure. As with ROI, the best evidence of our industry-leading performance lies with our customers. Here are a few examples:
- Senati: Realized a 60% improvement in bandwidth optimization, combined with better visibility into WAN bandwidth usage
- Waste Management, Inc.: Improved their SD-WAN performance by close to 38 times.
- Rollins Inc: Increased network speeds at all of their branches by 7X-10X.
- Creditas: Migrated 100% of their workforce from on-site to remote work in two days thanks to the performance and flexibility provided by Fortinet Secure SD-WAN.
And here are just a few reasons why Fortinet Secure SD-WAN is able to outperform the competition:
- Fortinet Secure SD-WAN is powered by the world’s only ASIC-accelerated SD-WAN and ASIC-accelerated security, ensuring performance as much as 15X greater than competitive solutions for the same cost.
- Our organically developed Secure SD-WAN solution is purpose-built from the ground up to weave all functions into a single, integrated system. This in-house architecture ensures a level of performance simply unavailable from a solution resulting from the merger of disparate solutions through M&A that have to be stitched together later.
- Because Fortinet Secure SD-WAN is built on a platform purposely designed to support multiple solutions, it is able to provide a broad product portfolio with built-in variants—including LTE, WiFi, and POE, along with a full suite of advanced security solutions. Most other vendors can’t begin to deliver a similarly robust solution.
- Fortinet also provides the industry’s most expansive and accurate application identification to ensure optimized access to business-critical applications, whether SaaS, Cloud, or UCaaS. All told, we support rapid identification and accelerated access to over 5,000 business-critical applications. No other vendor provides this.
And a whole lot more
Rapid Deployment: A single management and orchestration console ensures that connections, advanced routing functionality, and a full spectrum of security are not only easily configurable, but can work together as a single, seamless system. Customer Kennards Hire was able to implement a highly optimized, rapid rollout—only requiring 20 minutes to bring a branch’s networking and security services online. As a result, they were able to deploy a full SD-Branch solution (SD-WAN connectivity and application optimization combined with local WAN access and security) to 180 branches in just eight weeks.
Easy Expansion to All Edges: SD-WAN is FAR more than simply connecting branch offices to cloud services or the core network. Fortinet Secure SD-WAN can also run natively in every major public cloud environment, scale to support large data centers, sit on an at-home desktop, and be deployed in every corner of the network. This can ensure and enable a wide range of fast and secure connections from anywhere to anywhere, from the WAN Edge to the LAN Edge (SD-Branch), OT Edge, Data Center edge, and Cloud Edge (SASE).
Ready to take a closer look at Fortinet Secure SD-WAN? Register for our upcoming webinar to learn how you can transform your WAN Edge and get a live demo of Fortinet Secure SD-WAN.
Improve user experience and simplify operations at the WAN edge with Fortinet Secure SD-WAN.
Engage in our Fortinet user community (Fuse). Share ideas and feedback, learn more about our products and technology, or connect with peers.
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for WAN Edge Infrastructure, Jonathan Forest, Andrew Lerner, Naresh Singh, 23 September 2020
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Network Firewalls, Rajpreet Kaur, Adam Hils, Jeremy D’Hoinne, 9 November 2020
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.